Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

Tippecanoe T27 RC Sailboat Build #9

Final paint of bottom and above the water line.

I started by carefully masking the top off leaving about an 1/8" down on each side.  This will be left as varnished wood.  I put gold automotive vinyl pin striping below this gunwale line later on.

I then used a red oxide automotive primer to do the whole hull.

I masked off the sides and painted the bottom a burgundy matte (to simulate red oxide bottom paint).  In hindsight, I should have just left it primed with the primer.  

Once dry, the bottom and top were masked off and the sides were painted dark navy blue.

I finished up with using the blue pin striping that came with the kit as a water line boot top, and gold 1/8" automotive pin stripes for just below the gunwale.  



No comments:

Post a Comment