Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cobra Tool Kit #1

I wanted to put together a tool kit for my Cobra (actually a Factory Five Roadster replica of a 1965 AC Cobra).  Real kits are rare, expensive, and not very useful.  I decided on a few tools I might need including a breaker bar, 13/16" socket (for both spark plugs and lug nuts), vice grips, slotted and phillips screw drivers, adjustable wrench, and box wrenches of 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", and 9/16".  A separate project will be to have a case with an extra belt, tape, duct tape, a jack, and a flat repair can.  

I had an old military surplus case laying around that I sacrificed to get the heavy canvas and binding from.  

I am using my Brother Exedra E-40 Industrial machine to build this.  The thread is V-92 green thread.  

Initial layout of the tools
First pocket for the breaker bar
Next set of pockets for an adjustable wrench, and the 9/16" and 1/2" box wrenches.


No comments:

Post a Comment