Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

Tippecanoe T27 RC Sailboat Build #10

Final assembly - transom lettering

I wanted to enhance the mahogany transom by putting on a high-quality gold lettering.  I found a place online called www.doityourselflettering.com that allows you to design your lettering, choose fonts and effects, size it, and you get your lettering in the mail a few days later.  This ended up costing less than $10 (they sent me 3 of them in case I screwed it up!).  I was originally going to try and hand paint them but this obviously looks a lot better.

For those who care where the name came from, watch the movie "Caddyshack" some time and you'll see :-)


The lettering came with clear directions.  This is exactly how I installed the lettering on my real boat :-)
"I christen thee 'The Flying Wasp'"
Very classy looking in dark blue with a red bottom.  
Stern view
Bow view
Close up of keel, rigging, cockpit cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment