Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

Tippecanoe T27 RC Sailboat Build #8

Finishing the deck, installation of rudder, radio equipment, final fitting of mast and rigging.

These photos show the final layout of the finished deck (4 coats of Epifanes!).  The directions provided by Tippecanoe were pretty straightforward here.  The only thing I am not happy with is the mast tends to rotate when sheeting the sails.  I may try and engineer in a key to stop that from happening.  Had I known this would be an issue, I would have built it into the mast step.  But, solving these types of problems is part of the fun of building one of these.

Part of me wanted to leave the whole boat as varnished wood and just paint the bottom.  But as you can see in the next post, I ended up painting above the waterline blue, and below the waterline red.  I'm happy with the way it came out.  









No comments:

Post a Comment