Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

Tippecanoe T27 RC Sailboat Build #5

Installation of the mast step, mast, radio platform

For the mast step, rather than follow their directions and wrap the bottom of the mast in Saran Wrap and let it set in a "glob" of thickened epoxy, I made a 1"x1.5" mast step out of a piece of Starboard.  Frankly, a piece of hardwood would do the trick too.  I drilled a 5/6" hole in it to allow the mast to set into it, then glued it down and held the mast in the position I wanted it in with clamps per the photos below.

You can see the white block sort of in the photos in front of the foremost RC servo.  

You will also note my screw up - I glued the radio platform down backwards!  So, I fashioned a new label, and a new battery box side and glued/epoxied them down.  Problem solved!  


No comments:

Post a Comment