Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Tippecanoe T27 RC Sailboat - Sail Numbers

I'm fortunate that two of my fellow Massabesic Yacht Club sailors purchased and built Tippecanoe T27s over the off-season.  So we have a fleet to race!

That being said, we need a way to distinguish our boats and what better way than by sail numbers.  

I printed out a catalog picture from a website that sells real sail numbers and using MS Paint, sized the picture so the numbers were about 2" high.

I cut these out using a sharp blade, and traced these onto the back of Contender Insignia sailcloth.  This is paper backed with adhesive.  These were then put onto the sail.

I like the way they turned out, and made a set for each of my friends too...  Dave with hull #888 and Wally with hull # 872.

I can't wait for our first race!











No comments:

Post a Comment